LAVENDER IS WIDELY USED FOR ITS CALMING AND RELAXING QUALITIES, BUT IT IS ALSO GREAT FOR THE SKIN. LEARN THE MANY USES AND BENEFITS OF LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL.
If you are a mom, you are going to want lavender essential oil. It is one you will want around at bedtime or when you are trying to calm the kids down.
It will come in handy when they fall and scrape their knee too. Lavender is very soothing and purifying for the skin.
LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL VIDEO
HOW TO USE LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL
Lavender can be used in 3 different ways: topically, internally, and aromatically.
Lavender is considered a neat oil, which means it doesn’t have to be diluted before being applied to the skin. If using on a child, elderly, or a person with sensitive skin, you can dilute in a carrier oil.
Apply to the pulse points or the area of concern.
For internal use, add 1-2 drops of lavender essential oil to a veggie capsule, water, or under the tongue.
For aromatic use, add 4-6 drops of lavender essential oil to your diffuser or inhale straight out of the bottle.
LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL BENEFITS
- Lavender reduces the appearance of skin imperfections and can soothe occasional skin irritations.
- Help soothe and heal burns.
- Apply topically before bedtime on the bottom of feet, wrist, chest, back of neck, or down the spine to promote a healthy night sleep.
- You can take lavender internally to reduce anxious feelings and promote a good night’s sleep.
- Diffusing lavender can evoke positive feelings, calm and relax the body, and promote healthy sleep.
- It is also helpful to diffuse when trying to stay on task.
- Try adding a few drops of lavender to a spray bottle and mist the sheets before bed.
- Add a couple drops of lavender to a warm bath after a long stressful day.
LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL ROLLER BOTTLE
How to make a lavender essential oil roller bottle
- Add 15-20 drops of lavender essential oil to a 10mL roller bottle.
- Top the roller bottle off with a carrier oil; my favorite one is fractionated coconut oil. Learn more about carrier oils here.
- Shake the roller bottle and it is ready for use.
How to use your lavender roller bottle
Apply to pulse points, bottom of feet, back of neck, down the spine, or area of concern.
LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL ROLLER BOTTLE RECIPES
CLEAR SKIN BLEND
- 10 drops frankincense
- 8 drops melaleuca
- 6 drops lavender
- 5 drops lavender
- 4 drops frankincense
- 3 drop serenity
- 3 drop balance
- 2 drops vetiver
- 10 drops lime
- 8 drops bergamot
- 6 drops lavender
- 4 drops lemon
LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL RECIPES
PIN IT FOR LATER
What are your favorite uses for lavender essential oil? Mine is definitely using it topically and aromatically with my children before bed! Mama likes her sleep! 😉
Follow along with our oily house:
Thanks for stopping by our oily house!