Learn which are the best essential oils to use to reduce the signs of aging, along with an essential oil roller bottle recipe to help reduce wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots.
In the past, I’ve always skipped over anything that said “anti-aging.” But now I’m in my 30s, and even though I still feel great, I am starting to see the benefits of taking preventative measures.
As we age, our body produces less collagen. This production can start to decline in our early 20s.
And collagen is what increases skin elasticity as well as improves skin hydration.
How to boost collagen production?
Several oils help the body to produce more collagen, therefore, making them excellent for anti-aging, wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots.
And because collagen is essential for young, vibrant-looking skin, we’ll be using essential oils to promote collagen production.
The best essential oils for anti-aging
Get started with essential oils HERE.
Frankincense Essential Oil
- Frankincense is often called the king of oils. It is the number one essential oil for anti-aging and for skin in general.
- Frankincense can reduce the appearance of age spots, skin discoloration, and sunspots. If you have uneven skin tone on your face or body, you can use frankincense essential oil to help. It is known to improve skin tone and reduce age spots.
- Not only does frankincense improve skin tone, but it is also great for tightening the skin. Mix 2 drops of frankincense with one tablespoon of fractionated coconut oil and apply directly to the area of concern.
Rose Essential Oil
- It takes a little over 60 roses to get one drop of rose essential oil; now that is some concentrated goodness right there! Rose oil is fantastic for skin and anti-aging.
- Rose essential oil is incredible for dry skin and wrinkles.
- Roses are high in vitamin C and encourages your body to produce more collagen. Conversely, the decrease in collagen is one of the main factors for aging skin.
- Add a single drop of rose oil to one teaspoon of fractionated coconut oil. Apply to the face to help with fine lines and wrinkles.
Myrrh Essential Oil
- Many qualities can be attributed to myrrh essential oil, which makes it extremely effective for the skin—as a result, making it a wonderful oil for anti-aging.
- Myrrh is often added to beauty products for its anti-aging benefits, and it is very effective at rejuvenating the skin.
- Adding myrrh essential oil to your daily skin routine can help with dry skin, wrinkles, and age spots and make your skin healthier.
- Dilute 1-2 drops of myrrh essential oil in one tablespoon of a carrier oil and apply directly to the area of concern.
Helichrysum Essential Oil
- Known as the Immortal or Everlasting Flower, Helichrysum holds many benefits for the skin.
- Apply helichrysum essential oil to your face daily to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Helichrysum has rejuvenating, restoring, and cleansing properties giving your skin a healthy glow.
Pomegranate Seed Oil
- Pomegranate seed oil (pom oil) promotes the look of young and healthy skin.
- Pom oil helps reduce the appearance of blemishes.
- Loaded with omega 5, antioxidants, and caryophyllene, it can rejuvenate the skin when taken internally.
- Apply pomegranate seed oil directly to the area of concern for anti-aging benefits.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Get my full disclosure HERE.
A few more oils…
In case you don’t have all the oils mentioned above, here are a few more oils that work wonders on aging skin!
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil is high in fatty acids and vitamin E, which is known to keep skin healthy. In addition, coconut oil contains proteins that help with skin cell health.
- Jojoba oil – Jojoba oil absorbs easily into the skin and helps with hydration and moisturization. It reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lavender essential oil – Lavender is amazing for the skin and very effective for soothing cuts and burns. It is a great oil to apply topically to the face for anti-aging.
- Sandalwood essential oil – This oil can help tighten, firm, and improve skin tone.
- Jasmine essential oil – Full of antioxidants, jasmine essential oil is another good one for anti-aging. In addition, it can give a youthful appearance by rejuvenating the skin.
- Magnolia essential oil – This beautiful oil is extremely powerful. Add to your daily routine to help keep skin clean and hydrated.
Anti-aging roller bottle recipe
- 5 drops of frankincense essential oil
- 5 drops of rose essential oil (substitute for geranium)
- 3 drops of helichrysum essential oil
- 2 drops of myrrh essential oil
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil
- Fractionated coconut oil (or carrier oil of choice, see below)
- Using a 10mL roller bottle, remove the rollerball top and add the recommended amounts of essential oils.
- Fill the rest of the way with fractionated coconut oil or carrier oil of your choice. (Learn more about carrier oils here)
- Secure the rollerball top and shake well.
How to use your anti-aging roller bottle
For the greatest results, apply daily to the area of concern, avoiding the eyes, ears and mouth.
Notes: Frankincense, rose and myrrh are extremely expensive oils, but also some of the best oils for tightening wrinkles.
Unfortunately, anti-aging products are some of the most expensive items both to make or buy. And for best results, minimal substitutions are recommended for this recipe.
I would, however, suggest substituting rose for geranium if needed since geranium oil has several of the same benefits as rose essential oil.
Different ways to use essential oils for wrinkles
Now that you know the best oils for anti-aging, learn the different ways you can incorporate them into your daily routine!
- Roller bottle – Make a roller bottle with your favorite anti-aging essential oils. Add 15-30 drops of essential oils to a 10mL roller bottle and top off with a carrier oil.
- Mixed with coconut oil – Add 2-3 drops of essential oil to a dime-size amount of coconut oil in the palm of your hand. Rub your hands together, and then massage onto the face. Make sure you avoid the eyes!
- Mix with your favorite lotion – Already using a daily moisturizer? Add the normal amount of lotion to the palm of your hand, along with 2-3 drops of your favorite anti-aging essential oils.
- Facial Serum – Make a homemade facial serum with anti-aging essential oils and apply it to the skin daily.
- Fractioned Coconut Oil – FCO is my favorite carrier oil because it is a very light oil and has many health benefits. FCO is different from regular coconut oil because it stays liquid. It prevents oxidation, making it effective for extending the shelf life of your essential oils.
- Grape Seed Oil – This oil is popular in the culinary world and a very popular carrier oil for essential oil users. GSO is a favorite carrier oil among many because of its light texture, its leaves little residue on the skin, and has wound healing properties.
- Avocado Oil – Studies describe avocado oil as a superfood and the best option for oil to use while cooking. It is very hydrating and an excellent moisturizer for dry skin. However, avocado oil is very “oily” and thick, so it will leave behind a thicker residue than some of the other options.
- Jojoba Oil – Jojoba oil has a mild scent, so when it is mixed with essential oils, you will smell the essential oil over the jojoba oil. I find that jojoba oil doesn’t stain clothes like other oils can, making it a good carrier oil option, especially for kids. Jojoba penetrates the skin well and is a great option for anyone with ultra-sensitive skin.
- Sweet Almond Oil – This oil has a slightly sweet and nutty aroma. It has a medium consistency and is known for its moisturizing properties. This oil can cause skin irritation to anyone with a nut allergy.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil is my least favorite out of all the carrier oils for two main reasons, smell and texture. Olive oil has a very distinct smell that tastes fabulous on chicken and in salad dressing, but I don’t prefer the scent on my skin. It is also a very thick oil leaving behind an oily film. On the flip side, olive oil is high in antioxidants and very healing to dry, patchy skin.
Essential oils (for anti-aging)
I hope that you found this post helpful! Essential oils are a natural and effective way to reverse the signs of aging.
If you made this anti-aging roller bottle, please feel free to share your results in the comment section below!
More great anti-aging recipes
- 5 drops of frankincense essential oil
- 5 drops of rose or geranium essential oil
- 3 drops of helichrysum
- 2 drops of myrrh
- 2 drops of lavender
- Fractioned coconut oil
- Using a 10mL roller bottle, remove the rollerball top and add the recommend amounts of essential oils.
- Fill the rest of the way with fractionated coconut oil or carrier oil of choice.
- Secure rollerball top and shake well.
Apply daily to the area of concern, avoiding the eyes, ears and mouth.